Do not wear dance shoes outside and do not bring everyday shoes into the studio. This includes tennis shoes for Hip Hop. The dirt and grit damage the floors as well as your shoes. Please carry your dance shoes in with you from outside.
COMBO AND PRE-BALLET:
Girls- Wear any color leotard (simple style), tights and dance skirt. Pink ballet slippers need to have elastics securely sewn on.
Boys- Wear comfortable stretch clothing, or sweats & a t-shirt. Black ballet slippers need elastics securely sewn on.
Girls- Girls need black leotard, pink tights, PINK ballet slippers with elastics sewn securely on and/or black tall socks. Skirt, booty shorts and leggings are ok. Hair in a secure bun.
Boys-Straight legged black stretch jazz pants, tights or well-fitted sweats, white t-shirt, dance belt. BLACK ballet slippers with elastics securely sewn on.
Wear any comfortable clothing. No baggy tee shirts. Black tap shoes. Girls' hair in a ponytail.
JAZZ , ACRO, CONDITIONING, TECHNIQUE:
Wear any color or combination of leotard or form-fitting top with jazz pants or shorts. PLEASE DO NO WEAR JEANS OR STREET ATTIRE. TAN slip-on jazz shoes or black tall socks, no sneakers.
Comfortable clothing that will allow easy movement. Please make sure you wear CLEAN tennis shoes or jazz shoes.
Don't forget to wear dry, clean clothing to class. No dangle earrings. If you are of the age, please don't forget to wear deodorant, and please don't wear perfumes or lotions with fragrances.
Locally, dance shoes are available at Sandy's Dance Wear, Upstage Dance Wear and Artful Dance Wear. For younger dancers, you may find at Target, Walmart and Payless.
Students should have a dance bag for shoes and belongings. Label all shoes and attire with first and last names.
We are not responsible for lost items or valuables. Do not bring valuables to class. Also refrain from wearing perfume or jewelry to class. No gum chewing is allowed, and only water is allowed inside the studio.
Your cooperation in greatly appreciated.
· Combo Classes - A great way to incorporate different styles of dance in one class. This is typically offered to elementary age, so they can stay motivated with variety.
· Ballet - A technical form of dance dating back to the Sixteenth and Seventeenth Centuries. Ballet is a dance form characterized by grace and precision of movement and by elaborate formal gestures, steps, and poses. Under French, Italian, and Russian influences, Ballet is studied worldwide. Ballet is the foundation of dance and a great core class for everyone.
· Tap - Rhythm-based movement of the feet. The name comes from the tapping sound made when metal plates on the dancer's shoe touches a hard surface. Because the dancers make sound, they are also considered percussive musicians. All dancers for this class are required to wear tap shoes.
· Jazz - A strong technical foundation that enables a dancers to focus on the stylistic and performance aspects of dance. Jazz technique is essential for leaps and turns, where correct posture is necessary to properly execute such moves. Also, jazz dancers' strong and sharp movements are greatly aided by a good background in Ballet technique. While Ballet movement emphasizes the upbeat of music, jazz dance emphasizes the downbeat.
· Hip Hop - This popular rhythm-based dance form includes a wide range of styles such as breaking, popping, locking, and krumping. Hip-Hop classes teach musicality and coordination through up-beat music.
· Acro - Combines classical dance technique with precision acrobatic elements. It is defined by its athletic character, its unique choreography, which seamlessly blends dance and acrobatics, and its use of acrobatics in a dance context.
· Conditioning - Flexibility and strength is highly important to a dancers. This class will work on core, arm, leg strength as well as flexibility.
· Leaps & Turns - A class that focuses on breaking down and perfecting leaps and turns. These tricks are some fundamentals that are in dances like ballet, jazz, and lyrical. This exposes dancers to new movement and style.
· Drill Team Prep - This gives a greater foundation in the drill team basics, and further prepare them for their high school drill classes. This class teaches the precision, technique, and timing fundamentals, as well as begins flexibility regimen early enough for a measurable high-kick advantage.
· Elite/Select - An Instructor-based class for drill team officers and dance team hopefuls.
· Competition Companies - A competitive and performance group representing Amotion Dance Studio.